Sutton Faculty and Staff Awards for Study Abroad
Nominations accepted through January 15, 2014
The Susan Sutton Awards are given to one faculty member and one staff member each year who promote a campus climate where students are encouraged to study abroad and new programs are developed and supported. The winners of these awards should demonstrate their merit not based on the essential functions of their jobs but instead through a commitment to international education which is over and above their primary duties at IUPUI.
Spring Study Abroad Fair
Program directors and study abroad staff will be available to speak with you about the hundreds of programs offered through the IU system. Browse for programs that fit your needs and learn more about financial aid and scholarships for study abroad.
- Date: Wednesday, January 22
- Time: 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Location: Campus Center Atrium
We hope to see you there!
Funding Info Sessions
Would you like to learn more about how to fund a study abroad experience? Come to one of the Study Abroad Funding Info Sessions for information on:
- IU and IUPUI Funding
- Fulbright US Student Program
- Gilman International Scholarship
- Critical Languages Scholarship Program
- Whitaker International Program
Several info sessions are scheduled for Spring 2014:
- Tuesday, January 28, 9:30 - 10:30 am
- Wednesday, February 5, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
All sessions will take place in ES 2132 (Global Crossroads)
Advisors and instructors: please share our flyer with any interested students!
Faculty and Staff: Help Promote the Fulbright U.S. Student Program
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program provides funding for graduating seniors, recent graduates, and graduate students to spend an academic year studying, researching, or teaching English in one of over 170 countries. To encourage more qualified IUPUI and IUPUC students to apply for these prestigious national grants, please consider one or both of the following:
- Nominate a student through the Study Abroad Office's new optional internal nomination process
- Provide support through the competitive application process by joining the new Fulbright Mentoring Network at IUPUI and IUPUC
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program is open only to U.S. citizens. For student grants for citizens of other countries, see the Fulbright Foreign Student Program.
Holiday Hours: Office Closed December 23 - January 1
The Study Abroad Office will have reduced hours during the winter holidays:
- Monday, December 16: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 17: 9:00 am - noon
- Wednesday, December 18: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday, December 19: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday, December 20: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Closed Monday, December 23, through Wednesday, January 1.
The office will reopen at 9:00 am on Thursday, January 2. Until classes begin on Monday, January 13, the office will close at 4:00 pm daily.
December 2013 Newsletter
Check out the Study Abroad December 2013 newsletter for information about scholarships and upcoming events on campus! The newsletter can be found at http://abroad.iupui.edu/news/.
Help send students on study abroad programs.
Click the button below to make a contribution to the International Studies Opportunities scholarship: