IUPUI has pledged to join the Institute of International Education (IIE)’s Generation Study Abroad initiative to significantly increase the number of American students who study abroad by the end of the decade. IUPUI has committed to increasing the number of students who study abroad by 25% over the next five years.
Funding Info Sessions
Would you like to learn more about how to fund a study abroad experience? Come to one of the Study Abroad Funding Info Sessions for information on:
- IU and IUPUI Funding
- Fulbright US Student Program
- Gilman International Scholarship
- Critical Languages Scholarship Program
- Whitaker International Program
The last session for Spring 2014 will be:
- Thursday, March 13, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, ES 2132 (Global Crossroads)
Advisors and instructors: please feel free to distribute our general flyer!
Are you preparing to travel abroad? The Study Abroad Office will be offering general pre-departure meetings this fall for anyone who would like to learn more about packing, health and safety tips, handling money, communication, cross-cultural understanding, and more!
All sessions will take place in ES 2132 (Global Crossroads).
- Monday, March 31, 2014, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Thursday, May 1, 2014, 5:00 – 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 21, 2014. 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one day before the meeting.
Study, Research, or Teach English Abroad on the Fulbright Program U.S. Student Program in 2015-2016
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program offers fellowships for graduating seniors, graduate students, young professionals, and creative and performing artists to spend an academic year abroad. Fulbright awards can support a variety of activities in over 140 countries, including
- Studying and/or conducting research abroad (study/research grants)
- Teaching English (English Teaching Assistantships)
- Working in public policy (Fulbright-Clinton Fellowships)
- Researching the cultural force of music (Fulbright-mtvU Fellowship)
The Study Abroad Office will hold two Fulbright information sessions in the Global Crossroads classroom (ES 2132):
- Tuesday, March 11th, 12:30-2:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 26th, 9:30-11:00 am
Note: The Fulbright U.S. Student Program is open only to U.S. citizens. Students who are citizens of other countries should consider opportunities available through the Fulbright Foreign Student Program.
March 2014 Newsletter
Check out the Study Abroad March 2014 newsletter for information about scholarships and upcoming events on campus! The newsletter can be found at http://abroad.iupui.edu/news/.
Help send students on study abroad programs.
Click the button below to make a contribution to the International Studies Opportunities scholarship: